Monday, March 19, 2018

My Health Journey

Good Afternoon, 

To make a long story short God has called me to better eating. I began Feb 14th, the beginning of Lent. No Im not Catholic but I believe it was just a good starting point for me. God has challenged me to eat according to the Daniel Fast for the duration of Lent. For those that dont know what that is, its simple. No meat(I am allowing myself fish and seafood), no dairy, no sugar or artificial sweetners, and no caffiene. Of course that means no processed food, no fast food and no soda!! Also no bread that contains yeast. WHEW!! That was most of my diet. Its been hard. Ive had to learn how to cook different things. I havent been able to ask Bob to bring home food unless its a simple salad.  Im having to cook more bc I cant have packaged food. HOWEVER, 

The results have been amazing. As of date, I have lost 19lbs. I will weigh tomorrow at mom's bc I dont have a scale at home. My chronic nausea is gone. My bowels are better. My bp and sugar levels have reduced so much I am having to decrease my meds. Im discovering that I like trying new dishes. The great thing is Bob is enjoying some of my meals. He still eats pretty much the same. 

Officially, the "fast" is over March 31st but I have been convinced (by God and family) to keep eating healthy. Granted, I may have a piece of cheese or an egg on occassion but I will not go back to my Dt. Mt Dew. I will continue to eat healthy. 

I have 2 goals I believe God has set before me. 1) to lose 120lbs by April 21st 2019 and 2) be off all medications by that same time. It will require God's healing bc some of my conditions are NOT weight induced. 

Because of my health issues, I cannot walk far or stand for long periods of time. However, I am trying to walk on our treadmill for 3 minutes a day with several days in between. I know it doesnt sound like much but its better than staying on the couch all day. My goal is to build up my time and the frequency. 

Here is a recent pic of me:




Much love, 
Keena

8 comments:

  1. Soooo happy for you! Inspired by your faith in Him and determination!! Keep up the good (great) work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are doing fantastic!!! My the Lord be with you as you continue in healthy habits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you. You are doing great. I wish I could be disciplined enough to follow any eating plan I start. Hopefully some day. Looking forward to following your journey.

    ReplyDelete

accountability

  Hello, I am posting this for accountability. From January 17th to July15th I have put on 10lbs. Some of it is lack of discipline but some ...