Saturday, April 21, 2018

Birthday Bash

Hello All,

Yes. Today April 21st is my bday. I am how 47 yrs old.
My hubby and I had a fun weekend planned. We were to drive upstate Friday night and then spend Saturday at the zoo. I had given myself permission to "cheat" from the new eating habits I had acquired. Well, the trip did not go as planned. My hubby had to work late so we did not get to hotel until after 1030pm.  Hubby took me to IHOP for dinner since we had not eaten. I displayed great restraint. I had an egg white omlette with cheese and veggies with a side order of fresh fruit. I knew that Saturday I was going to splurge. Well, when we woke up, hubby was not feeling well so we decided to cancel the zoo. Our tickets are good until April 20th 2019. Hubby took me to Cracker Barrell for breakfast. I had one of their breakfast platters but
I still stayed away from pork. I had the turkey sausage. I started the drive home but got so sleepy I had to let hubby take over. When we got back into town, hubby saw the dr at a clinic and he has a sinus infection. He has been sleeping on/off since we got home. Please pray the sleep and meds help bc he does have to return to work tomorrow morning. After the dr we went thru an ice cream shop drive thru. Yes!!! I got an ice cream waffle cone for my bday. It was so good. Then after picking up hubby's rx we came home. Of course, we were not able to go out so we ordered a couple of pizzas and a calzone. The calzone and one pizza was meat free. The good thing is although it was "crap" food I did not eat as much as I normally would have. I probably will eat left overs tomorrow but Monday its back on track for me. This is my bday weekend and I did not feel guilty about what I ate.
I do believe that everything is ok in moderation. My next "cheat" time will be in June when hubby and I go on vacation.
Although the weekend did not go as planned, I am truely blessed with wonderful family and friends. I have everything I need. I have an awesome hubby who loves and adores me.
I pray every one has a blessed Sunday and a productive week ahead.

Much love,
Keena

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed your birthday even though it didn't go as planned! You made the most of it, and that is great :)
    -Faith Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Glad you got to have some treats even though the weekend didn't go as planned - it happens, especially when you are living with chronic illness (though, of course, it's ironic that this time it was your husband's health and not yours that got in the way!). Sounds like you had a great attitude and made the best of it.

    And, hey, that waffle cone and pizza sounds AMAZING!!! I am dairy intolerant, can't eat sugar or yeast and try to avoid grains, so that all sounds incredible to me! I, too, indulge in some splurges on special occasions :)

    Sue

    Living with ME/CFS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! They were amazing. First time for ice cream since Feb 14th. I think its important to "cheat" on occasion so we dont feel like we are deprived. However, it has to be the exception to the norm. Im glad you dropped by my blog. I hope to "see" you again
      Keena

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

accountability

  Hello, I am posting this for accountability. From January 17th to July15th I have put on 10lbs. Some of it is lack of discipline but some ...