Saturday, April 7, 2018

Staying in the zone

Good Morning my friends,
As you know I have a goal to eat right, lose weight and to get healthier. I have been researching different things. One thing I have learned is that dairy, eggs, meat, poultry, caffiene and sugar cause inflammation. I knew about the caffiene and sugars but the rest caught me by surprise. So, I had thought about adding eggs back into my daily diet but now will reconsider. Mom and I colored eggs for Easter so I will eat those. I dont want to waste them but will probably not buy anymore. I have cut out most dairy, 90% of added sugar and most of caffieine. I have lots of inflammation so this is important to me.
Yesterday, my hubby and I went out to lunch and I had a salad with grilled chicken and cheese. Then last night I had chicken. This morning my hands are hurting. Is it because of the meat and cheese??? I dont know but its worth taking note. On the same token, I did not indulge in the cheesey, bacon french fries that was covered in ranch sauce(which I love) that was ordered by one of our friends nor did I indulge on dessart. When I am home, its easier to stay on track. Going out brings its challenges. I will not be "legalist" about my eating. When going out I will just make the healthiest choice I can. I will not say "never" to any food bc I think that causes defeat.

Thank you for all your love and support.


Keena

2 comments:

  1. I agree with not saying "never" to any kind of food. It just makes me want it more! I've cut out about 90% of the added sugars from my diet, and that works really well for me. It's easier to tell myself "it can wait" than "never again".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the phrase...it can wait....I will have to start using that...I too have cut out most sugars.....this weekend was kinda lax but Im on track again this morning. Thank you for your comment. I hope you come back by....have a great week 😎

      Delete

accountability

  Hello, I am posting this for accountability. From January 17th to July15th I have put on 10lbs. Some of it is lack of discipline but some ...