Thursday, May 17, 2018

Steps to MY Success

Good afternoon,
Before I get into the meat of my blog let me make a small disclaimer: These steps are working  for ME and when it comes to weight loss every BODY is different. I am NOT saying this is how YOU must do it but I am seeing small improvements in my health and in my mind.

We all can agree that our mindset can affect our body. So along with changing what I did physically I changed what I did to create a positive mindset. Since I am a Christian, a lot of my changes dealt with the spiritual.

I became diligent in reading the Word of God on a DAILY basis. I now get up early to soak in His Word. Every morning that I am able I listen to a faith filled teacher. Plus, I listen to sermons online. I find the promises of God (in His Word) that I want to manifest in my life and speak them ALOUD over my life every day. Of course, I talk with God every day as well. I also feel led to partake of communion by myself at home once a week.

Physically, I eat VERY different. I eat a mostly(%90) plant based diet. I have stopped sodas altogether. I have dramatically cut down on refined sugars. No fast food other than an occassional Chick fil A or maybe a salad, if its a decent one. I limit fried foods. I have stopped eating pork. My next goals are to increase my water intake, to increase movement and to get in natural sunlight. Today I actually did 20 minutes of gentle stretching. I would like to include walking on the treadmill as well. Now, when I say walk its only fast enough to keep me moving. Its like 1.5 mph and I can only do like 5 minutes.

Besides the improvements that I shared from my medical update, I am less sleepy during the day although I still need my naps most days. In the past I would sleep 10 to 18 hrs a day. I still need a recover day if I am busy the day before. My legs still go numb if I stand more than 15 minutes at a time. I have been able to do more around the house but I still have to sit and rest during activities. I am by NO means cured. I still have a LONG way to go before I can say that. My attitude toward life has greatly improved. I am the happiest I think I have ever been. Now hold on, my life is not perfect. I still struggle with pain almost on a daily basis. I have obstacles, trials, and temptations just like everyone else BUT....I can honestly say I am content and I am blessed.

With all my love,
Keena

No comments:

Post a Comment

accountability

  Hello, I am posting this for accountability. From January 17th to July15th I have put on 10lbs. Some of it is lack of discipline but some ...