Sunday, May 13, 2018

Medical Update

Good Morning, 

Friday I had my yearly physical. My dr was very pleased with my numbers. She even mentioned several times how well I looked. So here are my lab results. 

A1c, which measures the sugar in the blood over a 3 month period,  went from 7.1 to 6.2. For a diabetic the range is to be under 7 and to reduce complications the number needs to be under 6.5

My kidney function has improved.

My lipid panel is about the same. She said some ppl can do all the right things and still have increased numbers. My total cholesterol is 177. Anything under 200 is OK.

The RA factor which indicates RA, rheumatoid arthritis, went from 16 to less than 5. Anything over 15 indicates RA.

My "SED RATE" (marker for inflammation) went from over 100 (which is extremely high) to 23. Normal range is 20 or less. 

Of course, my weight was reduced. However, I did have "white coat syndrome" blood pressure. That means I was probably having anxiety by visiting dr and blood pressure was a tad high. I had lots to talk to her about and I was excited for her to see all my improvements.

The only negative was that I am having symptoms of diabetic neuropathy in my feet. Im praying that if I keep my numbers under better control I can delay its progression.

Happy Mother's Day to moms every where. I appreciate all that you do for you 2 AND 4 legged babies. 

God Bless, 
Keena

1 comment:

accountability

  Hello, I am posting this for accountability. From January 17th to July15th I have put on 10lbs. Some of it is lack of discipline but some ...