Saturday, April 14, 2018

2 Month Update

Good Morning,

Before I get started with my update I want to make one thing very clear. This lifestyle of eating is how the Lord has instructed ME to eat. I am in no way suggesting that one way works for everyone. We each have different needs and different convictions. My purpose is to encourage and support a healthy lifestyle, physically, emotionally and spiritually.

"The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly."
John 10:10 NKJV

Today was my official weigh in. Hubby did buy me a scale. I was up .8th of a pound from last week but still 28lbs lost in 2 months.  April is a challenging month. First there was Easter then I have 4 bdays to celebrate which means dinners out. Although Im not 100% plant based, I am making healthier choices.
My blood pressure is down. I have reduced my average sugar readings about 50 points. My chronic nausea is gone and I have reduced some of my meds. Im learning to enjoy cooking different dishes. I just hate the clean up 😭. So far my hubby and I have enjoyed most of the meals I have made. Spiritually, mentally emotionally I am feeling better. I have yet to regain my energy or physical stamina,  however Im believing God for a miracle. I will not give up or give in. I will receive my healing.

Thank you for your encouragement and support.

Keena

8 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you Keenalynn. I know God will walk by your side on this journey of faith. Praying for you to reach your goals. Your blog is very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just have to try Keto!! I am a female, 50 and decided it was time for a serious change at 321 pounds (My heart still jumps when I write that number��) I started keto about 2 months ago and have dropped 16 lb, I cannot even begin to put into words how fantastic I feel, how much more clear-headed, how much more less fatigue overall I feel. I'm a full-time nurse of 15 years and I do home care so I'm on the go a lot this week my newest goal was to try water fasting, I'm on my third day!! If you told anyone that I knew growing up or now that I was doing this they would say you were crazy! LOL but it has been so totally easy Once I set my mind to no food for 3 days lots of water and bouillon broth once or twice a day to keep up my sodium it is like some kind of a crazy drug where you're mine feel so clear and your body is not focusing on digesting the food that you put in your body all day but everything is healing! Glad I ran across your blog and wish you the best, please check with your doctor on possibly starting a keto based diet it's really been a lifesaver for me

      Delete
    2. Thank you for sharing your story. Bc I am diabetic, I can not do a water only fast. I am interested in the difference between Keto and Paleo eating styles. I have high inflammation so I stay away from dairy, added sugar and only use Stevia if needed. I do have an appt with my GP next month. I am so glad you found a plan that works for you. That is awesome.

      Delete
  2. Look into the supplemental product Plexus. The people who suffer with blood pressure, diabetes, and fatigue are having great results. I plan to start Plexus for my fatigue and blood sugar. Some who have been on medication have been taken off their meds. Of course, it takes a minimum 3 months to see impovements. It's understandable since we to years to damage our bodies with our poor lifestyle choices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the suggestion. I will research it. Please let me know how it works for you. Have a great rest of the day.

      Delete
  3. Hi KeenaLynn! Loved reading how you are interested in the whole package of spiritually, physically and mentally reshaping your life and body!!! So am I!!! God had to get my attention Mar. 6th with high A1C reading!!! I, with the help of the Lord have committed to changing my lifestyle habits!!! Since that day, I have lost at least 17 lbs and have exercised every day but one (I was under the weather). Only exercise 20 to 30 minutes a day, record my eating on a free app, Lose It!!! I feel so much better already!!! We all need people's stories to encourage us, so thanks for sharing yours! Blessings In Christ!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading my blog and for commenting. Yes, my sugar was getting out of control as well. My biggest challenge is moving. Bc I have CFS, I stay tired however I desire to do better. May God continue to give you stength for this journey. Please keep me updated on your progress. I invite you to follow my blog for continued encouragement.
      Your sister in Christ,
      Keena

      Delete

accountability

  Hello, I am posting this for accountability. From January 17th to July15th I have put on 10lbs. Some of it is lack of discipline but some ...