Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Cheese...friend or foe

Many of you know that I absolutely love my cheese. While on the Daniel Fast I did not have any. However, on Easter I cooked a cabbage casserole which had sharp cheddar cheese melted on top. The next morning my bp was a little high along with a high heart rate. Monday night I had cheese on a salad and then this am I had a piece of cheese. Sure enough, my bp and heart rate was up. One thing I must mention is that on Sunday I also reduced one of my bp meds. So the question is this: is the increase of bp and heart rate the result of reducing my meds or by introducing cheese back into my diet or a combo of both?? The only way to tell is to cut out the cheese and see what happens. Its sad because I LOVE cheese. But...Im loving improved  health more than temporary taste. I couldnt say that 6 months ago. God is really changing my mindset. I want to be as healthy as I can be. Dont get me wrong! I will ocassionally have a treat but I want to be known as a "clean" eater. I praise God for this transformation in thinking. All the glory goes to Him

Much love,
Keena

No comments:

Post a Comment

accountability

  Hello, I am posting this for accountability. From January 17th to July15th I have put on 10lbs. Some of it is lack of discipline but some ...